BEER BURGERS WITH ONION BEER JAM
Perfect for graduation parties, Father's Day and backyard BBQ's!
Onion Beer Jam
- 1 large onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup Wurst Haus Butcher Block Lager
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup Wurst Haus Butcher Block Lager
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 buns burger
- 4 slices strong cheese Blue Cheese crumbles are nice too
Onion Beer Jam
- Roughly chop the onion.
- Heat olive oil in a small pan and add the onions. Cook onions for 10 minutes on low heat, stirring often so they don't burn.
- Add the beer, apple cider vinegar, and sugar and mix. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the beer has reduced to a jammy consistency.
- While the jam is simmering, make the burgers.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Put the ground beef into a large bowl. Add the other ingredients; beer, cayenne pepper, paprika, and salt. Using your hands, mix the ingredients together until fully combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into burgers using your hands, Make an indentation in middle of burger with your thumb. Burgers tend to puff up a bit as they cook so this will ensure they cook evenly.
- Oil the grill grate
- Grill for approximately 4 minutes.
- turning with a spatula and cooking for about 4 minutes on the other side.
- All burgers should reach an internal temperature of 160°F to kill any potential food contamination.
- During final 2 minutes of cook time, warm buns by buttering cut sides and placing on the grill. Also top burgers with cheese slices.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns topped with a spoonful of the onion beer jam.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!