SAUSAGE & ZUCCHINI QUICHE
Italian Brats and fresh vegetables make for a simple and satisfying dish!
- ½ pound Hermann Wurst Haus Italian Bratwurst sliced thin
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms
- 1 t butter
- 1 medium zucchini sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ t dried basil
- ½ t dried oregano
- Pastry for 9-inch pie plate
- Line a 9-inch pie plate (deep-dish) with pastry. Prick bottom and sides with fork. Bake at 400° for 3 minutes; remove from oven and prick again. Bake 5 more minutes. Cool.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet until browned; remove and drain, reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings in the skillet. Sauté mushrooms in the pan drippings, cook until tender; drain and set aside.
- Place sausage in baked pastry; sprinkle with half the cheese. Top with sautéed mushrooms and remaining cheese. Top with zucchini.
- Beat eggs; add milk and seasonings, beat well. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350°F for 55 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!