Wurstmeister Mike found this recipe using Apple Whiskey in the marinade!
1 rack baby back ribs
1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Apple Whisky or apple juice
- Place ribs in a plastic bag or pan, add marinade, keeping a small amount aside for basting. Marinate for a few hours in the fridge before smoking.
- Fill up water pan in the smoker
- Soak hickory wood chips in water for 30 minutes, then add to the smoker.
- Start smoker and raise temperature to 225°F.
- Wait for smoke to start, then add ribs.
- Baste ribs hourly with the remaining marinade. The smoke will run out as the chips will burn completely. Do not add more. You just need to smoke them at the beginning, then let them cook for a long time.
- Smoke at 225°F for up to 6 hours. They need to be cooked to a safe temperature (165°F). The ribs will reach this temperature early on, but to get fall-off-the-bone meat you need to cook them longer.
To cook in the oven, baste ribs with the marinade hourly. Cook them low and slow in the oven at 225-250°F, for approximately 4 hours.