BACON PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE
This is one of our Wurst Haus staff's most favorite cookie recipe! No flour, so gluten free!
- 1 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar (1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar) (1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 slices Wurst Haus Hickory-Smoked Bacon cooked, cooled and diced.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, fry up bacon until cooked through and let cool on paper towels until cool enough to dice. Dice up and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes. Fold in cooked bacon. Roll into large walnut sized balls and create a criss-cross pattern with a fork. Roll the dough balls in granulated sugar before making the criss-cross pattern. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. These will disappear quickly 🙂
- Makes approximately 15 cookies.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!