SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
One of our favorite breakfast recipes for holidays!
- 2 1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 pound Hermann Wurst Haus pork sausage
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (10.75) ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ) ounce package frozen chopped spinach – thawed drained and squeezed dry
- 1 (4.5) ounce can mushrooms drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more)
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley for garnish
- Spread croutons on bottom of greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Crumble sausage into medium skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain off any drippings. Spread sausage over croutons.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until well blended. Stir in soup, spinach, mushrooms, cheeses and mustard. Pour egg mixture over sausage and croutons. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until set and lightly browned on top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!