BAKED BEANS WITH EXTRA BACON
We love baked beans around here. AND we especially like them when we add extra bacon.
- 6 strips Hermann Wurst Haus Grand Champion Hickory Smoked Bacon more if you have bacon thiefs
- 3 (16 oz.) cans pork and beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup or BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned. Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Save bacon drippings.
- Add the pork and beans, ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, dry mustard and onions to a 8 x 8 inch casserole dish. Add 4 tablespoons of bacon drippings. Lay the cooked bacon strips on top of the beans mixture.
- Bake until heated through, 30 – 45 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!