BROCCOLI SALAD WITH BACON
Great broccoli salad recipe for a crowd or weeknight dinner!
- 8-10 cups cups fresh broccoli cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 red onion cut into bite size slices
- 1/2 lb. Wurst Haus Hickory Smoked Bacon cooked and crumbled (cook more if you have bacon thieves close by)
- 3/4 cup craisins
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds toasted or sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Combine broccoli, red onion, bacon, craisins and almonds in a large bowl.
- To prepare the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar together until smooth. Pour over the salad and stir.
- Chill salad for about 3 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serves 8-10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!