Getting together with your family and friends this time of year to make summer sausage is a popular past time around here. Our Summer Sausage Making 101 Classes are so popular that we had to add another class to accomodate all the calls we have recieved. (All our classes were filled!)
Wurstmeister Mike is adding a Summer Sausage Making 101 Class Saturday, February 6 at 10 am. If you want to show all your family and friends how its done right, sign up now and learn from the best!
Wurstmeister Mike will show you the ropes of summer sausage making and cover topics such as:
- Cold smoked vs. hot smoked
- Natural fermentation vs. artificial fermentation
- Natural casings vs. collagen casings
- Safe handling
- And much more
What are the classes like?
- Very hands on! Come ready to wear an apron, turn a crank on an antique stuffer or hold a sausage casing.
- Designed for home sausage makers! From those of you who have never ground meat in your life to those who are sausage maker extraordinaires but want to learn more. Many of you only make sausage once or twice a year and if it did not turn out right, it's months before you get to try it again and then you can only change one thing at a time or you don't know what you changed that you liked. This class will cut your mistakes by years, using Wurstmeister Mike’s everyday sausage making experience.
- Available for friends, couples, family get together, corporate groups, girlfriends getaway, honeymooners or a guys trip! Adult classes (8 and up to 17 years old need adult supervision)
- Informative! Each class includes a discussion of ingredients and a time to taste in order to understand the value of using flavorful ingredients and using traditional methods.
- A comfortable place to learn! You'll get one-on-one instruction and all of your questions answered.
- Guaranteed to fill your belly! Not only will you be served a wurst meal, but also treated to a wurst, wine and beer tasting, a Wurst Haus goody bag and you take home 2-3 pounds of sausage that you create in the class.
- Deals! Participants receive 10% discount on in store purchases that day.
- Fun! Guaranteed!
Class lasts 2-21/2 hours. Cost - $59 per person, call 573-486-2266 to reserve your spot or register on-line here.