Click here for complete 2017 class schedule
Learn How to Make the Best "Wursts"
Learn, hands-on, the German tradition of sausage making. Join two-time hall of famer Wurstmeister Mike Sloan for this VIP event that's both informative and entertaining. Classes last 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Mike will show you the ropes of sausage making and cover topics such as:
- Mixing and grinding techniques
- Types of casings
- Safe handling
- Smoking and cooking times
- And much more
What are the classes like?
- Very hands on! Come ready to wear an apron, turn a crank on an antique stuffer or hold a sausage casing.
- Designed for home sausage makers! From those of you who have never ground meat in your life to those who are sausage maker extraordinaires but want to learn more. Many of you only make sausage once or twice a year and if it did not turn out right, it's months before you get to try it again and then you can only change one thing at a time or you don't know what you changed that you liked. This class will cut your mistakes by years, using Wurstmeister Mike’s everyday sausage making experience.
- Available for friends, couples, family get together, corporate groups, girlfriends getaway, honeymooners and guys trip! Adult classes (8 and up to 17 years old need adult supervision)
- Informative! Each class includes a discussion of ingredients and a time to taste in order to understand the value of using flavorful ingredients and using traditional methods.
- A comfortable place to learn! You'll get one-on-one instruction and all of your questions answered.
- Guaranteed to fill your belly! Not only will you be served a wurst meal, but also treated to a wurst, wine and beer tasting, a Wurst Haus goody bag, 2 free drink tickets and you take home 2-3 pounds of sausage that you create in the class.
- Deals! Participants receive 10% discount on in store purchases that day.
- Fun! Guaranteed!
Cost - $69 per person, call 573-486-2266 to reserve your spot or register on-line here.
2017 Wurst Making 101 Class Dates:
September 9 -- Saturday, 10 am & 2 pm Register Now!
Click here for complete 2017 class schedule.